Alumni Association Strategic Plan for 2012
The Pacifc McGeorge School of Law Alumni Board's strategic plan for 2012 is outlined below by committee.
V.P. Development: Scott Hervey
Committee Members: Jim Day, Erin Dunston, Shanti Halter, Brian Harris, Daniel Hitzke, John Masterman, Dennis Olmstead, Evan Smiley
Mission: To assist with fundraising activities that increase awareness and giving from alumni and current and former board members. Undertake other development projects as conceived and developed by the committee in concert with the Pacific McGeorge Development Staff.
Primary Goals for 2012-2013:
1. Continue to Require 100% Alumni Board Member participation.
2. Work with the incoming Major Gifts Officer to set goals for 2012
Communication Goal: The Development Committee will meet every other month.
V.P. of Planning: Megan Moore
Committee Members: Jim Day, Kim Delfino, Erin Dunston, Shanti Halter, Scott Hervey, Kim Kakavas, Gustavo Matheus, Thomas Tarkoff, Andrew Tauriainen, Bruce Timm
Mission: To develop and maintain a productive and effective Alumni Board.
Primary Goals for 2011-2013:
1. Ensure a productive and effective Alumni Board (ongoing goal)
2. Ensure communication among Alumni Board members, current students, McGeorge alumni, and McGeorge staff (ongoing goal)
3. Develop consistent approach to filling Board vacancies
4. Ensure Alumni Board By-Laws support the Planning Committee's mission (complete, unless changes occur)
Communication Goal: The Planning Committee will meet once a month.
Alumni Programs Committee
V.P. of Alumni Programs: Kim Delfino
A. Career Development: Tom Tarkoff (Chair), Kath Davis Eric Barnum, Rex Frazier, Kirupa Pushparaj, Diana Rogers, Lisa Ryan, Morgan Smith, Andrew Tauriainen
B. Student Relations: Kim Kakavas (Chair), Ric Asfar, Hector de Avila, Dustin Johnson, Emmett Mahle, Bruce Timm, Marianne Waterstradt, SBA President.
C. Chapter Development: Gustavo Matheus (Chair), Dionne Choyce, Kath Davis, Debra Kazanjian, Gayle Lau, Emmett Mahle, Megan Moore, Diana Rogers, Jennifer Scott, Morgan Smith, Dawn Sweatt, Serge Tomassian
Primary Goals for 2011-2012:
Alumni Programs Committee Goals:
A. Career Development Subcommittee Goals
1. Work with the Career Development Office to implement regional mock interviews specifically in the East Bay, San Jose and Southern California.
2. Research what the committee can to do support the Career Development Office in mandating student visits to the Career Development Office.
3. Assist with distribution of Career Development Office resume books.
4. Assist the Career Development Office and Alumni Office staff in redesigning the Dine with Alumni and Career Search Saturday events.
B. Student Relations Subcommittee Goals
1. Meet on a monthly basis with the Student Bar Association's Alumni Relations Subcommittee (attendance by Committee chair and/or Student Relations and Career Development Subcommittee Chairs).
2. Continue regular visits to classrooms four times a year (e.g., to hand out scholarship certificates, beginning of the year class gifts, "halfway there" gifts, etc.). Create a plan to interact with the LL.M. classes.
3. Enhance connection between Alumni Board and specialty student groups (e.g., BALSA, Lambda, Moot Court society, Women's Caucus, etc.). Attend spring student organization meeting. Identify and focus on two to three groups for specific connections each year. Coordinate this effort with the Career Development Subcommittee.
4. Ensure and increase attendance at traditional alumni/student events, with goal of expanding alumni attendance beyond Alumni Board members.
C. Chapter Relations Subcommittee Goals
1. Conduct quarterly conference calls to discuss events and progress.
2. Research and develop strategies for specified communication for the various chapter regions.
3. Create a New Chapter "how to" template.
4. Create a plan for chapters to help students and recent graduates with job placement.