The Mentor Network lists Pacific McGeorge alumni and friends who have a particular interest in advising students and answering career-related questions, conducting mock interviews, and/or being featured as a "Day in the Life" speaker series panelist. The program is extremely valuable to Pacific McGeorge students and graduates.
Becoming a mentor/resource person is an excellent way to give back to the law school and is a great way to informally market your firm to students and graduates. As a participant in our mentor or other career resource programs, you are in control of the time you spend. It is the mentee's responsibility to initiate contact and maintain the relationship. We simply ask you to be available periodically for phone calls, informal meetings, and provide your expertise. We inform mentees that mentors are not expected to help them find jobs, but rather to answer inquiries and offer career-related advice.
To become a mentor/resource person, simply make your contact information available in our Directory. Students and graduates can search our Directory to look for mentors/resource persons in particular practice areas and geographic locations. When a student expresses an interest in being mentored by you, you will receive an e-mail notification with specific details.
To participate — even if you already have a student or alumni account — you will need to create an account using the McGeorgeCareersOnline employer interface. Please sign up online using the following step-by-step instructions:
If you do not have an Employer McGeorgeCareersOnline Account
- Go to McGeorgeCareersOnline and click the "Register" tab.
- Complete the registration form. Be sure to select Mentor Network from the "Services Requested" portion of the form. You also may select any additional services you would like to receive. Click "Submit."
- Once your information has been added to our database, you will receive an email confirmation containing your McGeorgeCareersOnline login and password as well as details regarding your mentor/career resource profile.
If you already have an Employer McGeorgeCareersOnline account
- Log-in to McGeorgeCareersOnline. Your username is your email address. If you forgot your password, please click on the "Forgot My Password" tab and a new password will be emailed to you.
- Select "Account" from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Select the "Informal Mentor Network" tab and complete all relevant fields. If you do not see this tab, please contact the Career Development Office at 916.739.7011 or email us to request that the "Informal Mentor Network" tab be added to your account.
Note: Required fields are marked with a red asterisk. You may update your information at any time by logging into McGeorgeCareersOnline. We look forward to including you in our Informal Mentor Network.