Through focus on advanced techniques and principles, this practical, interactive seminar will improve your ability to negotiate effectively by sharpening existing skills and deepening your practical and theoretical knowledge of fundamental, science-based principles of successful negotiation. Limited Enrollment.
Prof. Michael Colatrella in the media
- Prof. Colatrella on Capital Public Radio's Insight program discussing "The Art of Negotiation."
- Prof. Colatrella discusses how to improve your "let's make a deal" skills in the Business: Personal Finance section of the Sacramento Bee.
Through exercises, role playing, multi-media presentations and discussion, participants will be introduced to advanced techniques for enhancing negotiating power and maximizing the potential for making favorable agreements.
At the seminar, you will learn how to:
- Systematically prepare for negotiations to minimize the risk of making common and costly negotiation mistakes
- Use advanced strategies and tactics for increasing negotiating power
- Counter hardball negotiation tactics
- Recognize your strengths and weaknesses in personal negotiation style
- Manage multiparty negotiation
- Work effectively in cross-cultural negotiations
- Navigate ethical issues in negotiation
This seminar has been approved for 14 hours of California MCLE credit, including one (1) hour of ethics credit.
Date and Time: TBD
Location: Pacific McGeorge School of Law, 3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817.
Parking: Free, convenient parking provided.
Accommodations: Registration fee does not include overnight accommodations.