Mediation Training and Techniques
Mediation is a process in which a neutral individual assists disputing parties by facilitating an agreement that is mutually acceptable to them. Participants will learn a step‐by‐step approach to assist parties in managing and resolving their differences in legal and organizational settings.
Specifically, the program teaches strategies and techniques for diagnosing causes of conflict and helping parties to formulate appropriate remedies, managing the logistics of the mediation process, assisting in the communication process and helping participants to make better decisions about their dispute.
This course meets the training requirements to be a civil mediator in court‐connected matters in most California counties.
This seminar will help you:
- Learn a step‐by‐step approach to conducting a formal mediation
- Become a more effective advocate in mediation
- Learn valuable techniques to resolve disputes in informal organizational settings
- Learn the fundamentals of starting a private mediation practice
- Acquire a marketable set of skills increasingly valued by clients and organizations
Previous course participants described the mediation training as:
- "Practical and fast‐paced; the information was complete and well‐presented." - Michael Barth, Administrative Law Judge
- "Very impressed with the knowledge and technique used by the teacher. Well worth the timeand money invested." - Bret Rossi, Business Owner
- "I have attended CLE courses over a period of 40 years; by far, this course in mediation isamong the best." - Arthur Richard Silen, Analyst
This seminar has been approved for 40 hours of California MCLE credit, including two hours of Ethics credit.
Date and Time: TBA
Fees: Standard Course Fee $1,599. Discounted McGeorge Alumni Course Fee $1,499
Location: University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Institute for Administrative Justice, 3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817.
Parking: Free, convenient parking provided.
Accommodations: Registration fee does not include overnight accommodations.
Contact Katherine Ebert
Email | 916.739.7049