Legal Clinics/Legal Services
At University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, our commitment to experiential learning opportunities for our students is woven into our culture.
For more than 40 years, Pacific McGeorge has prepared students for their careers with a wide array of real-world work experiences in our Legal Clinics. In addition to training tomorrow’s legal advocates, our pioneering Legal Clinics deliver quality pro or low bono representation to community members who might otherwise be without legal recourse.
Given the ever-growing community need, shrinking resources, and a court system in crisis, the services our Legal Clinics provide are extending critical extra hands in the delivery of justice. Students learn the value of service and commitment, in a supervised, real-world clinical environment. Our students routinely earn impressive victories on behalf of their clients.
Our Pacific McGeorge Legal Clinics have important partnerships in the Sacramento community that expand the impact of our clinical programs.
- The Elder and Health Law Clinic has partnerships with Sacramento Adult Multi-Disciplinary Team, Sacramento Financial Abuse Specialist Team, the UC Davis Health System, and the UC Davis School of Medicine's Doctoring Program.
- The Immigration Law Clinic works closely with the Mexican Consulate and Sacramento Food Bank & FamilyServices for client referrals and outreach events.
- The Prisoner Civil Rights Mediation Clinic works with the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California.
- The Federal Defender Clinic is closely allied with the Federal Defender's Office.
- The Bankruptcy Clinic represents clients before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of California and helps with the Bankruptcy Pro Se Assistance Desk.
- The Criminal Appellate Advocacy Clinic partners with the Central California Appellate Program (CCAP).
- The Housing Mediation Clinic is in partnership with the Sacramento Superior Court and Legal Services of Northern California in its innovative Shriver Act Grant.
The students in our clinics have served thousands of clients during the years by providing representation in court, assistance with transactional challenges and mediation services. The impact to our clients and the community has been enormous.
Contact Pacific McGeorge Legal Clinics