California Initiative Forum
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 14, 2014
Time: 5 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
Location: Classroom C at Pacific McGeorge School of Law
On election day, your voice matters. Every two years, voters must decide on several statewide ballot measures covering a range of issues. To aid the community in understanding the proposed laws, the students in the California Initiative Seminar present a nonpartisan, objective analysis of each of the ballot measures at the California Initiative Forum.
In addition to their Forum presentations, student authors each write a detailed analysis of one initiative, and those summaries are compiled in the California Initiative Review (CIR). Copies of the CIR are available at the Forum and will be available online Oct. 13, 2014, on Under the Dome. Additionally, a video and separate audio recording of the forum will be available.
The Forum is free and open to the community and provides a valuable opportunity to hear about each initiative and gain a better understanding of the nuances of the proposed laws.
- California Initiative Review
- Video of the Oct. 23, 2012 forum (YouTube)
- Voice of Russia correspondent Stephen Schaber spoke with Vincent Wiraatmadja, a second-year law student at the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law, to discuss the ballot initiative and its implications. Listen to the conversation.
- Calif. Initiative Review Nov. 2012 (pdf)
- Calif. Initiatives at a Glance Nov. 6, 2012 (pdf)
Contact the Centers of Distinction