Global Center for Business & Development
The Pacific McGeorge Global Center for Business & Development pursues educational, scholarly and practical initiatives addressing the interface between the global economy and the legal profession. The efforts of the Center are a principal reason why the international law program at Pacific McGeorge is recognized as a top international law program in the United States.
U.S. News & World Report has ranked Pacific McGeorge's International Law program among the top 20 best programs in the country for the third year in a row, this year as No. 15 in the 2015 Best Graduate Schools guide.
Pacific McGeorge is distinguished by the breadth and depth of our faculty's engagement with international and transnational law. Read the Global Center's latest news - and exciting plans for the year ahead - in the Fall 2014 newsletter.
Our Innovative Educational Initiatives
- LL.M. in Transnational Business Practice
- J.S.D. in International Water Resources Law
- Ground-breaking Globalizing the Curriculum Initiative
- Intercultural legal competence initiative
Our Global Development Initiatives
- Chile — Trained Chilean public defenders on interviewing, counseling and engaging in plea bargaining
- China — Training Chinese law professors during a six-year program funded by a USAID grant
- Afghanistan — Experiential learning techniques taught to Afghani law professors
- Antigua, Guatemala — Pacific McGeorge's Inter-American Program offers student internships in the fields of environmental justice, commerce and trade, human rights, economic development, immigration and labor relations.
The Global Center draws upon the international expertise of the Pacific McGeorge faculty, including:
Professor Stephen McCaffrey
One of the world's foremost experts on international water resources law, who has actually written international law and published a number of books and articles.
Professor Jarrod Wong, Co-Director of the Global Center
A prolific scholar with expertise in international dispute resolution, public international law, and contract law.
Professor Kojo Yelpalla
Serves as a consultant on various aspects of international business transactions and industrial policy to several foreign governments.
Our Conferences and Events
- International Jurist Series, our Annual Symposium on Global Business & Development Series and Other Events