J.S.D. Program Application Requirements
To be considered for McGeorge's J.S.D. program, applicants must present evidence of:
- Graduation from a school of law approved by the American Bar Association; or
- Admission to the Bar of a state in the United States; or
- Graduation from a faculty of law in a foreign country whose educational authority has authorized that faculty to issue degrees in law.
J.S.D. Application Checklist
Note: No Application Fee.
Applicants must submit the following documents either by courier or via email to email@example.com (Note: Application materials in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.):
- Curriculum vitae (résumé);
- Signature form (pdf);
- Application statement indicating why you are interested in the J.S.D. degree, including intended fields of inquiry and research objectives in specific terms;
- Legal writing sample such as a published article, monograph, or academic paper;
- Original official transcripts from colleges, universities, and graduate or professional schools attended, including a current law school transcript;
- Two letters of reference, preferably from law school professors or legal employers;
- For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency:
- Receipt of an undergraduate or graduate degree from an English language institution;
- Multi-year employment in a position in which English is the primary language of communication; or
- A minimum test score of 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Note: The F-1 student visa process may take up to three (3) months. We encourage students to submit their application no later than May 15 to allow sufficient time for processing.
Note to all applicants: Working with an agent will not affect your chances of acceptance and scholarship. All applicants should disclose in their application materials if they are working with an agent. We encourage all applicants to communicate directly with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.