J.S.D. Program Application Requirements
To be considered for Pacific McGeorge's J.S.D. program, applicants must present evidence of:
- Graduation from a school of law approved by the American Bar Association; or
- Admission to the Bar of a state in the United States; or
- Graduation from a faculty of law in a foreign country whose educational authority has authorized that faculty to issue degrees in law.
J.S.D. Application Checklist
Note: No Application Fee.
Applicants must submit the following documents either by courier or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Note: Application materials in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.):
- Curriculum vitae (résumé);
- Signature form (pdf);
- Application statement indicating why you are interested in the J.S.D. degree, including intended fields of inquiry and research objectives in specific terms;
- Legal writing sample such as a published article, monograph, or academic paper;
- Original official transcripts from colleges, universities, and graduate or professional schools attended, including a current law school transcript;
- Two letters of reference, preferably from law school professors or legal employers;
- For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency:
- Receipt of an undergraduate or graduate degree from an English language institution;
- Multi-year employment in a position in which English is the primary language of communication; or
- A minimum test score of 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Note: The F-1 student visa process may take up to three (3) months. We encourage students to submit their application no later than May 15 to allow sufficient time for processing.