LL.M. Program Application Requirements
To be eligible to apply to one of our LL.M. programs, the applicant must present evidence of:
- Graduation from a school of law approved by the American Bar Association; or
- Admission to the Bar in a foreign jurisdiction, or of a state in the United States; or
- Graduation from a faculty of law in a foreign country whose educational authority has authorized that faculty to issue degrees in law.
L.L.M. Application Checklist
Application now open for Spring (January) 2017 and Fall (August) 2017.
There is no fee to apply if you use our Online Application. When completing the Online Application, please select "New Law & Public Policy" for "Student Type."
Applicants must submit the following documents either by courier or via email to email@example.com (Note: Application materials in languages other than English must be accompanied by certified English translations.):
- Curriculum vitae (résumé);
- Personal Statement;
- Original official transcripts from colleges, universities, and graduate or professional schools attended, including a current law school transcript;
- Two letters of reference, preferably from law school professors or legal employers;
- For non-native English speakers, proof of English proficiency:
- Receipt of an undergraduate or graduate degree from an English language institution;
- Multi-year employment in a position in which English is the primary language of communication; or
- A minimum test score of 88 (Internet-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
Note: The F-1 student visa process may take up to three (3) months. We encourage students to submit their application no later than May 15 to allow sufficient time for processing.