Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Address: 3200 Fifth Ave., Sacramento, CA 95817
Map View: Housing Office Map
One of the many advantages to studying law at Pacific McGeorge school of Law is the affordability of housing in Sacramento, as compared to Los Angeles or San Francisco. There are hundreds of new apartment complexes in the growing Sacramento metropolitan area, each with ready access to an excellent freeway system that leaves most students just minutes from the law school.
The Housing Office is in Room 110 in the Administration Building. There you can obtain information about campus housing or advice about the desirable areas for off-campus housing in the local community where rooms, apartments and houses can be found. Assistance with finding law school roommates is also available should that be your choice.
Pacific McGeorge also has four on-campus apartment buildings, each strictly devoted to students, and all located on the campus grounds. Together, there’s room for approximately 170 tenants with a variety of studio, one- and two-bedroom units that range from unfurnished single units to fully furnished, double-occupancy townhouse apartments. Campus housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis so if you think you want to live on campus, inquire early and take care of all your paperwork and deposits. To see where the buildings are, go to our Map and choose "Student Housing."
- Blackacre — This apartment house faces the Quad and contains 36 units. Furnished one-bedroom and unfurnished two-bedroom apartments are available here, and all units feature wall-to-wall carpet, built-in appliances, a private balcony and an individually controlled air-conditioner/heater. Amenities include security entrances, inside elevator and laundry room.
- Silveracre — The largest housing complex features 50 single-tenant studio units which are fully furnished. A complete kitchen, full bath, individually controlled air-conditioner/heater, double size wall bed and carefully planned one room living space are special features of these apartments. A large interior deck and patio area, security entrances and laundry room complete the amenities.
- Southacre — The newest addition to the housing inventory is a 42-unit, three-story building with unfurnished one-bedroom apartments. These units have a dishwasher, microwave oven, stove, refrigerator, disposal, individually controlled air-conditioner/heater, wall-to-wall carpet, private balcony and window coverings. Individual apartments are designed to be convertible for disabled tenants. The building has an interior elevator, security entrances, two laundry rooms and is handicap accessible.
- Whiteacre — These seven studio units and 10 two-bedroom townhouse units are located on either side of the Student Center building. All of these units are fully furnished and feature built-in appliances, individually controlled air-conditioner/heater, carpeting, and window coverings.
Note on building names: The housing units on the Pacific McGeorge campus have been affectionately named by former students, and these names have been adopted by all.
Current On-Campus Housing Rates (per month)
- Studios, furnished — $650
- Studio with lofts, furnished — $695
- One bedroom, furnished — $855
- One bedroom, unfurnished — $805
- Two bedroom, furnished — $1,000
- Two bedrooms, unfurnished — $920
Note: Rent Rates above include water, garbage, sewer and hot water (gas). Tenants pay for electrical, internet, land-line telephone (optional) and cable TV (optional) services.
To be eligible for on-campus housing, students must have been accepted for enrollment by Pacific McGeorge and have paid the complete enrollment deposits. Student tenants are selected from a waiting list maintained by the Housing Manager. On-campus housing is extremely popular, therefore, interested incoming students are encouraged to submit a request to the Admissions Office as early as possible. Student housing is available to both single and married students; however, Pacific McGeorge is unable to accommodate students with children. No preference is made between male or female students and class level has no bearing in our assignment process. Applicants for housing are chosen, in turn, from the established waiting list.
Student Resident Parking is available on the north and south sides of the campus. A limited number of underground reserved parking spaces in Blackacre are leased for a monthly fee to campus residents as they become available.
Full-time Campus Security is provided by Pacific McGeorge School of Law.
During normal business hours, students residing in campus housing who need entry assistance to their apartment after being locked out are to contact the Housing Office. After hours, residents must contact a Public Safety at 916.739.7200.
How many on-campus apartments are available?
Pacific McGeorge has 145 housing units.
Who is eligible to live on campus?
Once you've been accepted and have paid your enrollment deposits, you can be added to the housing waiting list. Be sure to submit your request to the Admissions office as early as possible!
Who can live on campus?
Pacific McGeorge has accommodations for both single and married students.