Accessing the Library
University of the Pacific faculty, students and staff are welcome to use the Sacramento Campus and Law Library. Library patrons will need their Pacific identification card to enter the Library after 6 p.m. and all day on weekends. Patrons may be asked to present identification at other times.
University of the Pacific (including McGeorge) faculty and students
- Faculty (regular, adjunct and visiting) and students are the Library's primary patrons and have full access to the Library including checkout privileges, the Computer Lab, network access and study rooms.
- Please bring your Pacific identification card with you.
- McGeorge Alumni are permitted use of the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) and have circulation privileges after receiving their alumni card and registering with the Library. An alumni card can be obtained from the McGeorge alumni office.
- Recent graduates of McGeorge are permitted to use Library study rooms when studying for the bar exam provided they follow all study room procedures.
- Please bring your McGeorge alumni card with you.
Attorneys and Judges
- Attorneys and judges working or living in the Sacramento area may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) and have circulation privileges after receiving a library card. A library card can be obtained from the circulation/reserve desk. The Sacramento area includes Sacramento County and West Sacramento in Yolo County.
- Non-local members of the California (or other) State Bars may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) but may not check out materials.
- Please bring your state bar card and photo identification with you to obtain your library card, and bring your library card and photo identification on return visits.
Students at other ABA-accredited law schools
- Students at ABA-accredited law schools may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) but may not check items out. Reserve materials may be used in the Library.
- You will need to present a valid student identification card from your law school.
Bar Prep Students
- Recent law school graduates enrolled in a bar prep study course being held at McGeorge may use the Library for study purposes (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms).
- You will need to present your bar prep course registration card.
- Public patrons may use the Library only to access materials received through the Federal Government Depository Library Program. Use of these materials is limited to Monday to Friday prior to 5 p.m. under the supervision of a Reference Librarian.