Who Can Use the Library
Access to the Gordon D. Schaber Law Library is available to the patron groups listed below subject to the specified limitations. Library patrons should be prepared to show appropriate identification when entering the Library after 6:30 p.m. on weekday evenings and all day Saturday and Sunday. Patrons may be asked to present identification at other times. Acceptable identification is indicated below.
Pacific McGeorge faculty and students
- Pacific McGeorge faculty (regular, adjunct and visiting) and students are the Library's primary patrons. Faculty and student of the law school have full access to the Library including checkout privileges, the Computer Lab, network access and study rooms.
- Please bring your Pacific McGeorge identification card.
- Alumni are permitted use of the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) including circulation privileges after receiving a library card. A library card can be obtained from the circulation/reserve desk.
- Recent graduates of Pacific McGeorge are permitted to use Library study rooms when studying for the bar exam provided they follow all study room procedures.
- Please bring your Pacific McGeorge alumni card with you.
Attorneys and Judges
- Attorneys and judges working or living in the Sacramento area may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) and have circulation privileges after receiving a library card. A library card can be obtained from the circulation/reserve desk. The Sacramento area includes Sacramento County and West Sacramento in Yolo County.
- Non-local members of the California (or other) State Bars may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) but may not check out materials.
- Please bring your state bar card and photo identification with you to obtain your library card, and bring your library card and photo identification on return visits.
University of the Pacific students
- Non-law Pacific students may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) but may not check out materials. Pacific students may contact their home campus library to request materials be borrowed through interlibrary loan.
- Please bring your student identification card.
Students at other ABA-accredited law schools
- Students at ABA-accredited law schools may use the Library (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms) but may not check items out. Reserve materials may be used in the Library.
- You will need to present a valid student identification card.
Bar Prep Students
- Recent law school graduates enrolled in a bar prep study course being held at Pacific McGeorge may use the Library for study purposes (excluding the Computer Lab and study rooms).
- You will need to present your bar prep course registration card.
- Public patrons may use the Library only to access materials received through the Federal Government Depository Library Program. Use of these materials is limited to Monday to Friday prior to 5 p.m. under the supervision of a Reference Librarian.