February 2008 — Presidential Primary Election
The California Initiative Review (CIR) is a non-partisan, objective Web publication which provides comprehensive, independent analyses of California Ballot initiatives and related issues. The review is produced each year by the Capital Center for Law & Policy at our California Initiative Forum.
At every statewide election in California, voters make choices about candidates and ballot propositions. Statewide ballot measures, including initiatives and referendums, are a form of direct democracy and allow voters to have a voice in the laws that will govern them.
In an effort to aid voters in exercising their choice, students in the California Initiative Seminar course at McGeorge study and analyze all statewide ballot measures for each California election. Their objective analyses are published here as the California Initiative Review (CIR).
- Proposition 91: Transportation Funds (pdf)
- Proposition 92: Community Colleges. Funding. Governance. Fees. (pdf)
- Proposition 93: Limits on Legislators' Terms in Office. (pdf)
- Propositions 94, 95, 96, 97: Referendum on Amendment to Indian Gaming Compact. (pdf)
- Report on Public Financing of Judicial Campaigns (pdf)
- Report on Judicial Campaign Conduct (pdf)
- Report on Electoral College Reform (pdf)
Questions or Comments?
Contact Professor Mary-Beth Moylan
Email | 916.739.7223