May 2009 — Special Election
The California Initiative Review (CIR) is a non-partisan, objective Web publication which provides comprehensive, independent analyses of California Ballot initiatives and related issues. The review is produced each year by the Capital Center for Public Law & Policy at our California Initiative Forum.
At every statewide election in California, voters make choices about candidates and ballot propositions. Statewide ballot measures, including initiatives and referendums, are a form of direct democracy and allow voters to have a voice in the laws that will govern them.
In an effort to aid voters in exercising their choice, students in the California Initiative Seminar course at Pacific McGeorge study and analyze all statewide ballot measures for each California election. Their objective analyses are published here as the California Initiative Review (CIR).
- Full Publication (pdf)
- Introduction: The 2009 Budget Compromise (pdf)
- Proposition 1A: State Budget. Changes California Budget Process. Initiative Constitutional Amendment (pdf)
- Proposition 1B: Education Finance. Initiative Constitutional Amendment (pdf)
- Proposition 1C: Lottery Modernization Act. Initiative Constitutional Amendment (pdf)
- Proposition 1D: Protects Children’s Services Funding. Initiative Constitutional Amendment (pdf)
- Proposition 1E: Mental Health Service Funding. Temporary Reallocation. Helps Balance State Budget. Initiative Statute (pdf)
- Proposition 1F: Elected Officials’ Salaries. Initiative Constitutional Amendment (pdf)
- Report: Internet Voting — Looking Towards the Future (pdf)
Questions or Comments?
Contact Professor Mary-Beth Moylan
Email | 916.739.7223