November 2010 Initiatives
The California Initiative Review (CIR) is a non-partisan, objective Web publication which provides comprehensive, independent analyses of California Ballot initiatives and related issues. The review is produced each year by the Capital Center for Law & Policy at our California Initiative Forum.
At every statewide election in California, voters make choices about candidates and ballot propositions. Statewide ballot measures, including initiatives and referendums, are a form of direct democracy and allow voters to have a voice in the laws that will govern them.
In an effort to aid voters in exercising their choice, students in the California Initiative Seminar course at McGeorge study and analyze all statewide ballot measures for each California election. Their objective analyses are published here as the California Initiative Review (CIR).
- Introduction by Professor Mary-Beth Moylan (pdf)
- Full Publication (pdf)
- Initiatives at a Glance (pdf)
- Proposition 19: Legalization of Marijuana (pdf)
- Proposition 20: Redistricting of Congressional Districts (pdf)
- Proposition 21: Vehicle License Surcharge for State Parks and Wildlife Programs (pdf)
- Proposition 22: Prohibits the State from Borrowing or Taking Funds Used for Transportation, Redevelopment, or Local Government Projects and Services (pdf)
- Proposition 23: Suspension of Global Warming Law Until Unemployment Drops (pdf)
- Proposition 24: Business Tax Increase (pdf)
- Proposition 25: Reduction of Budget Vote Requirement to Simple Majority (pdf)
- Proposition 26: Vote Requirements for State Levies and Charges (pdf)
- Proposition 27: Elimination of State Commission on Redistricting (pdf)
- Report: Primary Election Systems (pdf)
Questions or Comments?
Contact Professor Mary-Beth Moylan
Email | 916.739.7223