Requirements & Eligibility
Entering second-year full-time and third-year part-time students who meet any of the following criteria are invited to participate in the solicitation process:
- Students who finished in the top third of the first-year full-time or second-year part-time programs at McGeorge;
- Students who received the Witkin award in Global Lawyering Skills I or II;
- Students who currently serve on the Legislative staff; or
- Entering second-year full-time and third-year part-time transfer students who finished in the top third (top 33%) of their respective programs.
Eligible students will be notified by email and/or letter of their eligibility in late July. Solicitation consists of a closed-universe writing competition.
On the comment staff, students spend an academic year developing a publishable student comment on a topic of their choice while helping with editing assignments to prepare other articles for publication in the journal. Each year, a number of student pieces are chosen for publication. Please note: The McGeorge Law Review is dependent on the Office of the Registrar for information about most eligible students.
Eligible students will be notified by email and/or letter of their eligibility in March. Solicitation consists of a brief, closed-universe writing competition.
- First-year full-time and second-year part-time students in the top 50% of their class after fall midterm exams.
Once aboard the staff, students then spend the summer researching and writing articles about two specific bills of their choosing that are making their way through the legislature. Bills that the governor signs into law are eligible for publication in the print edition of the law review. Students will also assist with editing assignments to prepare other articles for publication in the journal.
McGeorge Law Review
Pauline Rodriguez, Computer Publishing Specialist
Email | 916.739.7171