J.D. Concentration Programs
Pacific McGeorge's diverse electives and co-curricular offerings allow you to explore a variety of legal career opportunities. If you have a particular career path in mind, our concentrations will enhance your J.D. experience and allow you to master a specific practice area.
Explore the Concentrations
- Business Concentration — Develop an expertise in general business law and related areas such as entertainment, employment, banking, or real estate law.
- Capital Lawyering Concentration — Perfectly suited for Pacific McGeorge's location in California's capital, this course of study prepares students for government and public lawyering through coursework and an externship or clinic experience.
- Environmental Concentration — Explore the scope of issues governed by environmental, energy, and water law on local, national, and international levels.
- Health Concentration — Acquire the professional skills to represent individual and institutional clients or to work for a state or federal regulatory agency.
- Intellectual Property Concentration — Focus on the growing areas of intellectual property, including patent law, copyright law, entertainment and artistry law, and more.
- International Concentration — This program offers exposure across the international law spectrum, with a dual emphasis on public international law (relations between states) and private international Law (transnational business).
- Tax Concentration — Concentrate on tax laws that affect accounting, business, estate planning, and charitable organizations.
- Trial & Appellate Advocacy Concentration — For students interested in careers in civil or criminal litigation at the trial or appellate level and in dispute resolution, this popular Concentration includes hands-on training in trial preparation and advocacy and alternatives to litigation. Prepare for the criminal justice field, from prosecuting and defending to assessing and reforming the justice system.
Office of Student Affairs
Email | 916.739.7089