Diversity & Inclusion
The University of the Pacific community - including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni - believes that diversity and inclusion are essential to the fulfillment of our institutional mission. We value inclusiveness in learning, curricular and co-curricular programming, campus climate, recruitment, admissions, hiring and retention.
Pacific McGeorge campus in residential Sacramento fosters a vibrant, supportive and welcoming community, which celebrates the many definitions of diversity in our student body and community.
- OThe Orange County Equality Coalition and the OC Lavender Bar has announced the $5,000 2014 M. Katherine Baird Darmer Equality Scholarship for 2014. Scholarship application.
- Achieving Success in the Application Process (ASAP) Prelaw Seminars focus on aspects of the law school application process that are commonly overlooked or undervalued by students when applying to law school. | See the ASAP flyer for seminar locations and dates (pdf)
- The deadline to register for the Indianapolis Bar Association Diversity Job Fair is July 19 | Learn more
Bay Area Diversity Career Fair — The 2014 Bar Association of San Francisco's Justice & Diversity Center Career Fair will take place on Saturday, July 26. Student registration opens May 19. Formal email notifications will be sent to law school representatives within the next month. | Learn more
2014 Bay Area Diversity Career Fair will take place on Saturday, July 26. The fair will be held at Hilton San Francisco Financial District, 750 Kearny Street, San Francisco, CA 94108 | Registration is open. The deadline to register is June 15.
Summer Diversity Receptions — BASF recognizes the benefits that minority and LGBT law students and young lawyers receive when afforded opportunities to network with other lawyers and successful partners who look like them and/or have similar experiences. Established in 2007, BASF's annual Partner-Summer Associates Receptions provide an opportunity for networking, meeting mentors and appreciating the achievements of minority and LGBT partners in the Bay Area.
- July 15, 2014 — LGBT Partners, Associates and Counsel Reception, to be held at Arnold & Porter
- July 31, 2014 — Minority Attorney & In-House Counsel Awards Reception, to be held at O'Melveny & Myers
- TBD — African American Partners and Associates Reception
- TBD — Barristers Club Diversity Reception
Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) — Attitude is Essential Conference (AIE). On Aug. 2 & 3, 2014, BASF will be hosting CLEO's AIE conference. The conference is for diverse rising 1Ls attending law school in fall 2014. The program will assist students in developing the necessary skills to survive 1L year. Students will learn how to read and brief court opinions; prepare for law school exams; develop time management skills and stress coping mechanisms.|Register
Explore Diversity & Inclusion
- Chartered Student Organizations
- Diversity Week 2014
- National Diversity Organizations & Initiatives
- Scholarship Resources
- Statement of Diversity & Inclusion
- University Diversity Committees