Diversity & Inclusion
The University of the Pacific community - including students, faculty, staff, administrators, and alumni - believes that diversity and inclusion are essential to the fulfillment of our institutional mission. We value inclusiveness in learning, curricular and co-curricular programming, campus climate, recruitment, admissions, hiring and retention.
Pacific McGeorge campus in residential Sacramento fosters a vibrant, supportive and welcoming community, which celebrates the many definitions of diversity in our student body and community.
- LSAC Diversity Initiatives Writing Competition. The deadline for applications is May 1, 2014. Learn more (pdf).
- The deadline for applying for Filipino Bar Association of Northern California (FBANC) Legal Scholarships is May 5. This year, FBANC will present three scholarships: two FBANC Scholarships awarded in the amount of $2,500 each and the Raymond L. Ocampo, Jr. Family Scholarship awarded in the amount of $5,000. | Learn more (pdf)
- Buckfire & Buckfire, P.C. Law School Diversity Scholarship — The deadline for the $2,000 2014 scholarship is May 31, 2014.
- OThe Orange County Equality Coalition and the OC Lavender Bar has announced the $5,000 2014 M. Katherine Baird Darmer Equality Scholarship for 2014. Scholarship application.
- Achieving Success in the Application Process (ASAP) Prelaw Seminars focus on aspects of the law school application process that are commonly overlooked or undervalued by students when applying to law school. | See the ASAP flyer for seminar locations and dates (pdf)
- Justice and Diversity Center of the Bar Association of San Francisco — Applications will be reviewed starting April 11, 2014, with final decisions made in June 2014. Information and Application (pdf)
- California Bar Foundation's Diversity Scholarship — Receive $7,500 towards tuition, books or fees. Applications are being accepted now through June 4, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. | Apply
A Conversation with Great Women — April 4, 2014 from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Pacific McGeorge Lecture Hall | Event details
20th Annual Celebracion de Cultura — April 5, 2014 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. | Event flyer (pdf)
Where: Park Ultra Lounge.
Tickets are $25 for students, $35 for general admission, and for couples $40 for students and $60 general admission.
For more information visit facebook.com/groups/mcgeorgellsa.
First annual Legal Career Development Expo — For Diverse (those self-identified as race, ethnicity, gender, disability or sexual orientation) law school students and recent grads. The expo will be held May 14, 2014, at the ABA Washington Headquarters, 1050 Connecticut NW, John Marshall Conference Center, 5th Floor, Washington, D.C. | More information
Bay Area Diversity Career Fair — The 2014 Bar Association of San Francisco's Justice & Diversity Center Career Fair will take place on Saturday, July 26. Student registration opens May 19. Formal email notifications will be sent to law school representatives within the next month. | Learn more
Explore Diversity & Inclusion
- Chartered Student Organizations
- Diversity Week 2014
- National Diversity Organizations & Initiatives
- Scholarship Resources
- Statement of Diversity & Inclusion
- University Diversity Committees