Financial Aid Resources
Welcome to the University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law resource page. This page was created to provide our students and alumni with helpful information and other types of resources. It includes everything from money management tools, repayment and budget calculators, information on the different repayment plans and public service loan forgiveness. It is our hope that you will find this information useful and helpful.
Entrance & Exit Counseling PowerPoint Presentations
You are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions or suggestions about other resources we should include.
Federal regulations require entrance and exit counseling for all Federal loan borrowers. Pacific McGeorge students are required to complete an online entrance and exit counseling session, as well as attend an entrance and exit counseling session in person. The purpose of the entrance and exit counseling is to provide information about the repayment process and answer any questions you may have regarding your rights and responsibilities as an education loan borrower.
Online Exit Counseling
You will need your Federal PIN number to complete the Direct Loan Exit Counseling and should have the name and address of two references to include on your exit forms.
Resources for Student Loan Borrowers
Listed below are important links to resources that will help you make informed decisions about your repayment options. You should bookmark for future reference.
- Deferments and Forbearance — A deferment or forbearance allows you to temporarily postpone making your federal student loan payment or to temporarily reduce the amount you pay.
- Federal Direct Loan Consolidation — A consolidation allows you to consolidate (combine) multiple federal student loans into one loan.
- Federal Student Aid Ombudsman — A resource to assist in informally resolving disputes and problems with Federal loans.
- Identity Theft — Deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
- Interactive Budget and Loan Repayment Calculator — Calculate your estimated loan payment(s) and learn about Direct Loan repayment plan options.
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) — A cumulative loan history of all Federal loans — including contact information for your loan services, who bill you for your loan payments.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness — If you work full-time in a public service job, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Repayment Options — Work with your loan servicer to choose a federal student loan repayment plan that's best for you.
- The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid — A comprehensive source of student financial aid information
Money Management Tools
- Annual Credit Report — Receive your free annual credit report from the 3 major credit bureaus
- Budget Calculator
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- IRS Tax Benefits for Education
- MyMoney.Gov — A trusted source for financial information
- National Foundation for Credit Counseling
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Email | 916.739.7158